NY Health Department of Health Information
Provided by Health Department officials in New York State, this information is meant to guide owners of private wells, as well as those interested in water quality issues.
● What’s In My Water | NYPIRG
○ A collection of information and research about water in New York State. Search recent testing data stored in government records, and read about the water systems in NY. Also contains research on lead in water, private well testing methodologies, and information about how these tests should be conducted.
● Test Your Well: Protect Your Family’s Water
○ NY State health department research regarding private wells. Includes data on suggested testing intervals and contaminants. Also on how to inspect and maintain your wells and water systems.
● Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment
○ Information on public water and private well systems. Although aimed at residents of Dutchess County, this information is relevant for anyone in NY.
● DEC Releases DRAFT Guidance Values to Advance New York State’s Regulation of Emerging Contaminants PFOA, PFOS, and 1,4-Dioxane – NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
○ Information about new Guidance Values meant to advance NYS’s regulation of newer harmful contaminants.